643 Abe Road (Hwy 47), Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538    email:  nicea325@frontier.com    phone:  715-588-7150

 

Home

Attic

Contact Us

Directions

Duties

Education

Fellowship

History

Missions

Music

Newsletter

Reflections

Sermons

Women

Worship

 

Presbyterian

Church USA

 

Presbytery

of Northern

Waters

 

 

 

 

 

History of Community Presbyterian Church of Lac du Flambeau

Our heritage in Lac du Flambeau begins in 1872 with the Rev. Francis Spees establishing a Presbyterian mission for the local Native American people. The Lac du Flambeau tribe generously set aside land for the church, which allowed the construction of the original church sanctuary in 1898. The congregation was formally organized on May 13, 1924, with the Rev. J. B. Murray as the first pastor. In 1995, the building was replaced with the current church sanctuary, incorporating the original stained glass windows. The manse, fellowship hall, 'The Attic' and the attached garage additions have followed in subsequent years as the congregation's and community's needs have expanded.